Monday, April 12, 2010


Social Media: A Look at What's to Come


In our look at the operation and effects of social media on our lives, I'm sure many of us have began to question where social media will actually carry us. According to mashable.com, they have outlined 7 technologies that could advance the industry. One piece of tech that stood out for me was Arduino. Arduino is an open source electronic prototyping platform that can be used to report environmental changes. The blog even makes mention of a bakery using the board to tweet when fresh pastries are just coming out the oven. Could you imagine your phone, or laptop automatically updating your Facebook, or Twitter account based upon certain actions?


http://mashable.com/2009/06/01/social-media-future-tech/

4 comments:

  1. I must say this is a short and precise post....Arduino should be something i look forward to!!!especially since i am in love with pastries..yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely interesting that a phone or a laptop could automatically update our facebook account based upon our actions. It brings into question what we want the phone to update and how do we select such criteria?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is amazing piece of technology that seems great I would just worry about getting too many tweets, texts and messages on my facebook. But I guess that is apart of the whole new technology wave. WIll we chose who sends us what or will get a ton of spam with this new technology, would be my only question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that same article and I think that NLP aka mind reading is terrifying. I know twitter is supposed to capture my thoughts at a given moment but I'd rather it not read my mind and post on its own.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter